Not only do I love to do beadwork, but I am more than a little bit of a bookworm. I have had trouble reading for the past couple of years, but now I have new reading glasses (yay!) and decent medication for my migraines (double yay!) so I'm putting myself a bit out there with a challenge.
Chunkster Challenge 2013
January 1 - December 31, 2013Definition of a chunkster:
A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature, whether non-fiction or fiction. A chunkster should be a challenge.
If you read books in large print, your books will need to be 525 pages or more. The average large type book is 10-15% larger or more so it’s a fair estimate.
- No audio books. (There are exceptions to this rule.)
- No e-books allowed. This was discussed in much detail in the 2011 challenge. The short version: a chunkster isn’t a challenge if you’re reading it on an e-reader. (There are exceptions to this rule.)
- Essay, poetry, and short story collections will be allowed. Collections have to be read in their entirety to count. If you’ve needed a reason to finally pick up your copy of The Collected Works Of ____ now is the time.
- Books may crossover with other challenges.
- Anyone may join. (If you don’t have a blog, just leave a comment on this post with your challenge level and your progress throughout the challenge.)
- You don’t need to list your books ahead of time.
- Once you’ve picked a level, that’s it. You’re committed to it!
You must pick a level of participation:
- The Chubby Chunkster – this option is for the readers who want to dabble in large tomes, but really doesn't want to commit to much more than that. FOUR Chunksters is all you need to finish this challenge.
- The Plump Primer - this option is for the slightly heavier reader who wants to commit to SIX Chunksters over the next twelve months.
- Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big? - this option is for the reader who can't resist bigger and bigger books and wants to commit to SIX Chunksters from the following categories: 2 books which are between 450 - 550 pages in length; 2 books which are 551 - 750 pages in length; 2 books which are GREATER than 750 pages in length (for ideas, please refer to the book suggestions page for some books which fit into these categories).
- Mor-book-ly Obese - This is for the truly out of control chunkster. For this level of challenge you must commit to EIGHT or more Chunksters of which three tomes MUST be 750 pages or more. You know you want to.....go on and give in to your cravings.
Since it has been a while since I could read for long I'm going to start out with the Chubby Chunkster. This will let me stretch myself a bit while still reading some smaller things in between.
this sounds like a great idea i havent read in a long time will have to think of what i can read! Stopping by visiting all the blogs taking part in the bead soup cant wait to see what you make!ReplyDelete
Last year I read at least five books in the 900-1000+ size, and year before that, ten. Love a good fat book! I've even gotten bruises in the crook of my arm from reading lying on my side, cradling the book on my arm.ReplyDelete
Curious what books you're going to choose!
Are you monetizing your exclusive shared links?ReplyDelete
Did you know that Share Cash will pay you an average of $0.50 per link unlock?
Easily Boost Your ClickBank Traffic And CommissionsReplyDelete
Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.