Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Don't Eat The Beads!

I have a new rule that I need to implement:

      DON'T EAT WHERE YOU BEAD!

Why?

Well, for the moment I'm still setting up a bit of studio space in the office so I do most of my work in the living room on a tv tray in front of the television. It doesn't give me a lot of room, but it works for most of the beadweaving I've been doing lately.

The problem is this: since my beads are set up on the tv tray I tend to bring my breakfast and lunch into the living room and sometimes thoughtlessly set them down on my tray full of beads. I have since learned that seed beads stick to EVERYTHING.

It's bad enough that the dog likes to chew on my beads given the chance, but I really don't think I need the added glass in my diet. Set down a sandwich and seed beads cling to the bottom, place my spoon on the tray while I get a drink and return to find a scattering of beads ready to drop into my cereal.

The dog is a serious motivator for getting studio space spruced up - he gets jealous when I ignore him to work and tends to bump the tv tray with his head until it upends - beads rolling everywhere! <sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment